Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dia de la Abby #61: Anatomical Skull Makeup

Last Sunday, we went to a zombie themed wedding. Yep, zombie themed! Since costumes were encouraged, I decided to do skull makeup.

Photo by: Carlton Kotalo

Full costume

I've done a basic skull and sugar skull makeup before (both with tutorials). I wanted to do something more anatomical, so this is what I chose. I wrote a tutorial for how to do this same makeup, which is great for Halloween. I painted the ribcage on an existing black satin corset. I made two blood splatter flowers. One for me and one for the bride. I painted a spinal column on my throat and chest, so it would coordinate with the ribcage corset.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

No comments: