Friday, September 30, 2011

[BONUS] 387. Richmond Macabre Skull

I created this paper cut illustration for the brand new book Richmond Macabre.


The book is a collection of short horror stories based in my hometown of Richmond, VA, written by local writers. I was delighted to be asked to create an image that gives people a glimpse of this spooky city. It was also fun to return to a style that I developed as part of the original Skull-A-Day project, see HERE and HERE.


If you're in the Richmond area I hope you'll come out for the book release party this Sunday at the Poe Museum, where you will also be able to buy one of the limited edition silkscreen posters that were made to promote the book...


There are also plenty of other upcoming events around Richmond and even if you're not in the area you can still get your own copy of this book online, more details are HERE.


p.s. I've been thinking I might try doing a tarot deck in this style next. Interested?

1 comment:

mim said...

I'd buy the tarot deck for sure.