Thursday, July 22, 2010

Watercolor skull

Ryall Burden send is this water color, pen and ink that he did while "filling in time one day".


I love the nicely blended water colors under the roughly sketched skull. The configuration of the water colors remind me of what the setting sun looks like on clouds. Combined with the skull in this sun drenched clouds, makes me think this skull is rising to Heaven (should you believe in Heaven)...which is an appropriate place for skulls to go. It could also be a good way to honor all those pilots and passengers of the past who did not land safely. Since we are not naturally flying creatures, taking a plane to fly is a risk. We can only hope that when we chose that travel method, that we land safely and can go about enjoying our lives as if they are our last days. Life is too short not to.

2 comments:

Megan Harmeyer said...

I don't usually comment, but I really like this one!

ArtAfterDark said...

This is really beautiful...spooky too!