Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesdays With Tatman #4

I was inspired by the Skull Master's 211. Etched Skull so I thought I might try it myself as something new that I've never done. So in true Skull-A-Day fashion I present you with Glassman's creations.


This candle holder measures 4 1/2 inches wide and deep by 4 1/4 inches high. I tried to make all four sides appear like they are viewed from that perspective. Similar to Noah's 216. Copper Cube Skull.


This bud vase is only 3 1/2 inches tall and each skull is only 7/8 inch across.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).




10 comments:

Sam said...

nice!!

PearsonMetalArt said...

Good job! I thought the first one was a drinking glass at first. I assume you used chemical etching?

Noah said...

Really awesome work Justin! You could definitely have a sideline career selling these and your rocks!

Olive Owl said...

Those are wonderful! Where can I get one?

Tatman said...

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I used Armour Etching Cream. It was fun doing these and I may do more in the future. Just be careful if anyone tries this. Read the warning label on the etching cream. I don't know how popular these would be if I sold them, but you never know. Maybe a glass and a rock as a combo deal? Any offers?

metalchick666 said...

I love these! I'm sure you could sell them!

Kim said...

I thought the top vase was a glass, too. All it needs is some whiskey on the rocks! Nicely done.

Citizen Agent said...

2300° C said:

Very nice work indeed. Look out Etsy, the Tatman cometh.

Your fans await. Why not go by Goodwill and get a whole bunch of cheap glassware to pimp out?

Jaybles said...

Like your blog, I'm in Wiscullsin right now, any idea where I can pic up one of those shirts?

Tatman said...

Hey Jaybles, thanks for the compliments. If you would like a shirt you can leave a comment in the section for that post, or you can visit the site linked in the post and purchase one there. Thanks for reading.