Monday, June 8, 2009

In Memory...

The sister of a good friend of this project committed suicide this weekend. In her memory I am asking people that have been inspired by the Skull-A-Day project consider joining me in donating to a suicide prevention organization of your choice. Two that come highly recommended are SPAN USA and the Kristin Brooks Hope Center.

And more importantly if you (or someone you know) is in emotional distress, please call the Hopeline for help and support 24 hours a day: 1.800.SUICIDE

5 comments:

Tatman said...

What a tragedy, and I'm sorry for the loss. The number is there to help. Help others find it if you need to. Never say nothing.

Anonymous said...

My condolences as well. I've been there and those hotlines are what kept me alive. Take care everyone.

KC said...

Heartbreaking. Sending condolences.

nitebyrd said...

My sympathies to you and the family. How sad.

Suzanne Dargie said...

That's terrible!
I've been there too, and a few good people have helped me out tremendously....as well as anti-depressants. That's why I don't like people making "Prozac" jokes. It's nothing for people to joke about.