Monday, June 22, 2009

C-Rations: 0C11

This week's offering is colored pencil on cardstock.

Civil Conflict: 8.5" x 11" colored pencil and gold-flecked handmade, colored paper on colored, textured cardstock in honor of those who have died in the Iranian protests and those fighting for their voices to be heard

Caspian C says:

Today's skull represents both the tragedy of the Iran's violence against its own people and the danger of a society in which people are unable to exercise the right of free speech. The color green is being used in the protests to show solidarity with candidate Mir-Hossein Mousavi as well as to symbolize Islam.

Remember each Monday during the 3.0 year I am posting an original skull design. My weekly offerings are nothing compared to the one-a-day massive project done by the Skullmaster in 1.0, but hopefully you will find some nourishment in these weekly offerings.

3 comments:

Tatman said...

Wow! I knew you were witty and creative, Citizen, but I didn't know that you were such an artist as well. Nice work for a noble reminder.

Spammed Ham said...

That is haunting. This reminds me a lot of this skull that I have always loved. http://skulladay.blogspot.com/2007/07/56-face-paint-skull.html.

Noah said...

Beautiful work. I'm honored to have this on the site.