Wednesday, June 24, 2009

After Life: A Skull Exhibition

Just a reminder that my art show which features 100+ of my original pieces from Skull-A-Day as well as several new works based on the project opens the first weekend in July here in Richmond, VA. If you're in the area I hope you'll stop by! There are several events that will be happening during the two months the show is up, so you've got lots of opportunities to meet me and see the skulls this summer...

AFTER LIFE: A Skull Exhibition


Quirk Gallery
311 W. Broad St.
Richmond, VA 23220
804.644.5450

OPENING: Friday, July 3rd 7-10pm (during First Friday Art Walk)

THROUGH: August 22
10-5 Monday - Friday & 11-4 Saturdays


ALSO Save The Dates:

BOOK SIGNING: Saturday, July 25th 1-3pm
I’ll be signing copies of my book SKULLS at the gallery.
Copies will be available for sale in the Quirk shop throughout the run of the show.

SKULLS FOR KIDS: August 8th 10am-noon
A great opportunity for kids to engage with the project by making their own skulls from a wide range of craft materials. I’ll be on hand to talk about the project and document the results.
FREE for kids of all ages.

TEA PARTY: August 15th 2-4pm
Enjoy a spot of tea while giving the show another look before the closing.
I will give a short talk about the history of the project and be on hand to answer questions.


Also if you're a gallery owner and would like to bring some/all of this show or large photographs from the project to your town please get in touch.

image: #312 Quilled Skull

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

A tea party and skulls, that is so close to heaven for me!!! I should have not read your entry, I am depressed now. :)

I so wish I could see this show. It is a great excuse to head to Virgina, but I just cannot make the time.

Can I order the book from the gallery to ship to me?

I wish you luck with your showing. It is a great project. You should be so proud.

Cheers!

Unknown said...

I've been to this site before and admired your work, and I never knew you were in Richmond! What a great coincidence. I'll definitely try to stop by Quirk and see your show.

Noah said...

Frog Queen: You can definitely order a book from the gallery. Just call them at 804.644.5450 and be sure to let them know how you want me to inscribe it.

Thanks!