Monday, January 7, 2013

[CONTEST] Win a Copy of the "I See Skulls" Book

THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED. Thanks for participating!

Do you see skulls everywhere you go? If so, you're not crazy. You're one of many amazing skull fans. You've probably even photographed your found skull or simulacra skull and submitted it to us. A couple years ago, the four of us started compiling a few of our favorites into a book based on simulacra submissions we had received up till that point. We've received a hundred more since then, because you all are amazing dedicated fans. After much hard work, we present to you the "I See Skulls" book. It is available as a printed book and an Ebook. To show how much we love our fans, we're giving away one printed copy to one fan!




Here is a preview of a few pages from the book. If you've been following our blog for a long time, you might recognize a few of them. Information about who photographed each simulacra skull can be found in the back of the book.

Cat in a Skull Box and a Skull of Windows.


Muffin Wrapper and Coffee Grounds


Chicken Neck Bone and Sand


Orchid and Ice Cream


PRIZE INFO: One copy of the "I See Skulls" book

HOW TO ENTER: Leave a comment below telling us what's your favorite place to look for simulacra skulls. For example, I love looking at my food and nature for them, because it's where I've found them most often.

CONTACT INFO: If you win, we need to contact you. With your comment, please INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!! Entries are only valid with this information.

WHERE TO ENTER: All entries must be made on this blog post, on Skull-A-Day.com. You CANNOT enter this contest by commenting on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.

CONTEST CLOSES: 11:59:59 PM Eastern USA Time Friday, January 11, 2012.

NUMBER OF WINNERS: One

PRIZE SHIPS: This contest is open to all skull lovers around the world.

IF YOU DON'T WIN: Don't fret, our book is available as an Ebook and a Printed book. You can preview more images from the book before purchasing it.

38 comments:

Irene A. Lawson said...

I'm a potter, see skulls in my clay bucket, put skulls on my work.

k2queen said...

I look for skulls in nature, whether it be a knot in a tree or a decaying leaf. K2queen@gmail.com

Little JMC said...

I see skulls in rocks.

-mg- said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-mg- said...

I look for skulls in food or nature, as well.

mg@markg.org

Unknown said...

When I'm flying in always on the lookout for skulls

Jackie said...

I see skulls everywhere around me. Sometimes they're in the grain of wood or coffee spilled on a table. Sometimes in a pile of rocks or a smear of clouds. Skulls are everywhere - you just have to look.

skullandbones15 said...

I look for skulls everywhere! Sometimes they just pop out at you. skullandbones15@gmail.com

Antler said...

I work with the dead and study death, skulls are at the heart of my life, I love your blog!

Antler said...

lastresort30@hotmail.co.uk

danielle c said...

i see skulls most in rocks and trees!

danimail@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I have loved this site for years, and now a book dedicated to seeing skulls. It doesn't get much better does it?

maria said...

love it!

mariayche@gmail.com

kerosene said...

I see skulls in the snow,
especially the negative space
left on sidewalks by melting footprints.
And sometimes in the breadcrumbs
left out for the birds. ; )

Rena Jones said...

I see them in trees most often.

Rena Jones said...

I see them in trees most often.

Bast said...

In nature, trees, rocks and flowers.

KimMJ
bast830@comcast.net

Mike R. said...

I like looking for them in old rock walls.

mycosyco AT gmail DOT com

goldmaedchen. said...

I see them in the snow and clouds.

alina-ali@web.de

Social Justice Social Worker said...

One of my favorite places to look for skulls is in advertising...and then I make up skull-related copy to go with the skull :) For example, found a skull in a Starbucks "Blonde Roast" ad; new copy = "Blonde Skull...so flavorful, it will leave you dead."

lynnewalter@hotmail.com

Teena said...

In the woods where the trees and leaves can make such colorful skulls amongst other things....nature is mysterious.

Teena said...

Thfpink@earthlink.net

Ted said...

when i throw a christmas tree in the fire circle i see many skulls, each for a fleeting moment.

Scott Schluter said...

I enjoy looking for skulls in the knots of the wood of my timber frame home.

Nessyness said...

Skulls are everywhere !
graphimax@free.fr

GStar said...

I like 'not looking for skulls', because that's when i find them :)
twentyfourstars@gmail.com

Tommy A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
microbe.man said...

Skulls - a symbol of decay - and that's where I see the incidental ones the most - in the entropy of the natural world... the rotting fruit, the tree stump falling apart, melting snow, thawing ice, mould on a windowsill, water stains rotting a carpet, shadows cast at the end of the day...

(other than this blog of course)

Unknown said...

I usually see skulls in the way fabric is crinkled. And in the snow, especially on the back windows of vehicle's. Skulls are everywhere if you look hard enough :) mgforsythe@telus.net

Anonymous said...

I see skulls in vintage carpet, fabrics & wallpaper, and I always see them when I'm NOT looking for them. :-)

maclyn.crafts@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I see SKULLS in my baking, but I enjoy making Skull feather earrings, I also see them all around in almost everything. really enjoy your site snf the creativity. no_slip_diff@hotmail.com :D

Susan Scofield said...

I look for skulls in wallpaper patterns and rocklike surface coverings, like pillars, faux-marble countertops and bathroom walls.
~qweequeg13@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I still hope to see a skull in water. It'll happen one day.

81cents@gmail.com

Lynnifer said...

I look for skulls on my bicycle ride to work - in architecture, trees, clouds, dirt & debris on the side of the road, etc.
blaseyly@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Ive seen one in the foam of my beer before, so i keep ckecking my frosty brews :)
Cakeordeath3@gmail.com

Skelly10 said...

I've seen skulls in the sheets of plywood at Home Depot before, so I keep an eye out for them now.

Anonymous said...

I look for them everywhere...but most of the time within the clouds..