Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Simulacra - Version 5.1

Today’s simulacra are getting back to nature

Ms Cerridwen in Portland, OR wrote: “I found this in my yard today. Pokeweed, aka Pokeberry is an invasive plant here. It keeps popping up everywhere. The stalks are dry now, and this is what the flowers often look like.”


Gustavo Jaramillo told us: “When you turn this picture up side down, there are two skulls, one in the center and the other in a sepal. This picture was taken in the botanic garden, in Bogotá, Colombia.”



Laura Wike from Akron,OH said: “I found this guy in our tree.”


Green C says:

I hope everyone had a nice Skull Appreciation Day, only 364 shopping days left until next S-A-D.
As you can see we have decided to continue the Sunday Simulacra for another year because you keep fining so many of them. Thank you all for submitting your pictures for us to share.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

2 comments:

Stefan said...

Going to look for skulls in my yard.
Stefan.Ceallaigh@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I found one one Mars the other day !!!
I am sure it will make it on eventually...