Friday, November 20, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 11. Found Metal Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#28: 11. Found Metal Skull

This one was inspired by the larges rusted piece which I found during a bike ride, I found the jaw piece slightly afterward, but I had to get the mouth from my father's collection of rusted metal which he uses to make collage art. You can see what his work looks like HERE. All the pieces were then placed directly on a scanner to make this image. Initially this skull had eyes, but I thought it looked more like a face so I chose to show the more minimalist version on the site, so for the first time here's the alternate version...

No comments: